Here at Affordable Fixes LLC, we think preventative maintenance contracts are the smartest thing homeowners can do to make sure their HVAC system is inspected and cleaned regularly. But there are some things to look for when signing that service contract on the dotted line.
Your System Requires Maintenance
HVAC systems require routine maintenance. When this routine maintenance is performed, it can ensure that the system is operating properly at all times and can save money that would be spent on HVAC repairs in Philadelphia after the fact. A clean and inspected system requires much fewer repair calls and operates more efficiently saving money on utility bills. So, what should you know before signing a repair contract?
Know What You Are Paying For
Like anything else, you want to know exactly what you’re getting for your money. When you’re purchasing a service contract for an important household system, you want to understand exactly what your Philadelphia, PA HVAC system is being covered for. Service contracts can sometimes be tricky to interpret. Here are some things you should watch out for.
If you’re being handed a one-page contract with a lot of legalese in 6-point font, this should be a red flag. So, should a too-good-to-be-true price.
What You DO Want
Your service contract should be spelled out concisely and the terms and conditions specified in simple language.
- What equipment is covered? Each item should be specified, especially if the service contract is covering more than one system.
- There should be a list of all tasks that will be performed.
- Your contract should set out how often your maintenance will be done.
- Do you get a written report after each inspection?
- What parts and labor are included? What items, specifically, are not included?
- If repairs are made outside the contract agreement, how will you be charged?
- If repairs are necessary, how will that work? Will they do the repair while they are there, or will another service call be necessary?
- Will you get a written estimate to approve?
- Will they remind you that your maintenance is due, or do you have to remember to schedule an appointment?
- Does your contract automatically renew upon expiration?
- What payment options do you have?
Call the Professionals
At Affordable Fixes LLC, we offer three levels of service contracts for you to choose from, each specifically designed for your needs. With each level, Philadelphia HVAC repair technicians conduct a full 14-point check to make sure your system is working at peak performance. We do this twice a year, once in the winter and once in the summer. With each package, we set out the terms and conditions and you will know exactly what to expect each time we come to do an inspection.
For over 30 years, Affordable Fixes LLC has been the Philadelphia HVAC contractors to trust. Let us service your system and add you to our family of satisfied customers.